1863/1865 - Evan John Evans

1866/1870 - Hugh Jones

Left for Cemaes in April 1870. The government Grant when he took charge was £34 per annum and when he left he had raised this to £53 per annum.

1870/1871 -John Hughes Parry

Came from Llanrwst – became a minister with the Calvanistic Methodists.

The above three Masters were each associated in an active capacity with the original Calvanistic Methodist Chapel ‘Bethogla’ at Penygraig and the last named also with ‘Gorphwysfa’ Chapel which replaced it.

1872/1874 - Hugh Hughes

Came from Bangor Normal College and was appointed at a salary of £67.10.0 (£67.50p) per annum plus house rent free. Mr Hughes noted in the Log Book in 1874 that the increase in pupil numbers was too much for himself and one pupil teacher and asked for a Monitor for the first classes (Infants). He left to take charge of Llandudno Board School. Henry Cook wrote in the school Log Book in March 1883 – ‘the Master who had charge of this school from 1872/74 has recently committed suicide by shooting himself’’.

1874/1876 - H.Parry

1876/1911 - Henry Cook

A Londoner by birth, entered the teaching profession in 1860 by becoming a pupil teacher at Kings Lynn British School, Norfolk and then studying at Borough Road Training College, London. His first teaching appointment was at Rotherham British School, from where he moved to Llanuwchlyn to open the school in the village in 1869. Three years later he took charge of the British School at Llanerchymedd, Anglesey before moving to Fron in 1876. Whilst at Llanuwchlyn he met and later married Miss Gwen Roberts, a member of a prominent family in that district. There were six sons born of this marriage but sadly two of them were to die in their early twenties and a further two died in New Zealand whilst in their early forties. A fifth son dies before his fifth birthday. The remaining son, Howel victor Oscar Cook, became a very well known gentleman throughout Llangollen and Wrexham areas both as a Solicitor and also in musical circles. Mrs Gwen Cook took an active role in the life of the school and the local community. Her contribution to the school was to quite regularly cover for staff absences in reading, singing, recitation and sewing lessons. She was a member of the old Llangollen RDC and represented that Cod on the Corwen Board of Guardians. On retirement from the Headship of Fron School in March 1911, Mr & Mrs Cook moved to reside in Wrexham where he dies in 1913. Mrs Cook survived her husband by some 24 years and died inb March 1935. Both are buried at Vron Cemetery, Llangollen. Following the death of Mrs Cook the illustrated address which had been presented to them on their retirement in 1911 was returned to the school for safekeeping by members of the Cook family.

1911/1919 - John O. Davies

Served this school for eight years, four of which were during the difficult years of World War 1. He came to Fron from Colwyn Bay, where he had been an active member of the Calvinistic Methodist denomination nd during his sojourn at Colwyn Bay had been precentor at ‘Engedi’ Chapel for 18 years. During his Headship at Fron he took an active part in the life of ‘Gorphwysfa’ Chapel and the local community. Whilst at Fron he suffered the loss of his wife in December 1914. Mrs Davies, also a member of Gorphwysfa Chapek was a qualified nurse and was buried at St David’s, Fron. In 1919 Mr Davies took up the appointment of Headteacher at Trealaw in the Rhondda and it was there in 1922 that he was presented with the Gold Medal won in an examination for religious knowledge. His excellent contribution o education at Fron School was suitably acknowledged on his departure to South Wales.

1919/1926 - W.E.Williams

Left to become Headteacher of Llay Jnior School.

1926/1954 - Herbert Hannaby

Once again the school was to benefit greatly from the devotion and dedication for a period of 28 years of a Headteacher of the very highest standard. During his service at Fron Mr Hannaby was to raise even further the Standards of education which had been attained by his predecessors. During the wa years 1939-1945 he was obliged to overcome the great difficulties of that period in trying to maintain the quality of teaching to which the scholars at Fron had been previously accustomed. Following the war years his added responsibilities included the implementation of the far-reaching and radical changes resulting from the Education Act 1944. In addition to his pr9fessional duties both he and Mrs Hannaby played active roles in the life of the community and were devoted members at St David’s Church. During the war years, Mrs Hannaby was Secretary of the Fron War Comforts for Service Personnel Committee. In retirement Mr & Mrs Hannaby settled in the Bettisfield area but sadly his well earned rest was to be brief for in May 1955 he collapsed and died at Crewe Railway Station. A memorial service for this highly respected man was held at Bettisfield Church when his many friends and former pupils gathered to pay their respects.

1955/1963 - H. Llewelyn Lloyd

Had served on the staffs of Cerrigydrudion, Llangwm, Dinmael and Derwen Schools before his appointment to the Headship of Fron School. During his time at Fron he was a faithful and active member of St David’s Church holding various appointments on the Church Council. He also acted as Secretary to the Cefn Mawr & District Welsh Society. Mr Lloyd left Fron to take up an appointment of Headteacher of Penygelli Junior School, Coedpoeth.